Work With Us
Interested in a joining the DBB team?
We often have opportunities available to suit all lifestyles such as:
- Casual, Part-Time or Full-Time Sales Assistants
- Brand Ambassadors (1-2 hours per fortnight)
Please see below for our current job vacancies:
Retail Rockstar Wanted | 2IC Role - Full Time
We’re after a special someone to join our growing team who loves fashion, has a creative mind, a genuine passion for people and understands what an extraordinary customer experience is.
We are seeking that special individual with exceptional people skills and an unshakeable belief that looking after your customers is all about creating an amazing experience.
Someone who love lists and finds no greater joy than ticking off those goals and creating new ones. Who truly believes there is no ‘I’ in teamwork and thrives off helping those around them grow and reach their potential.
A social media superstar with an eye for detail, keeping up with the latest trends and has a knack for creating beautiful and inspiring content!
You’ll spend your days surrounded by inspiring brands, products and people. With an endless supply of laughs and good tunes. Basically just living your best life!
I know what you’re thinking *dream job*, and you’d be right!
Here’s a taste of some of the perks you can expect from this opportunity:
- Generous staff discount across both Dear Blackbird Boutique & our sister store The Marigold Merchant.
- Close knit, supportive and inclusive team. We’re like a little family here!
- Regular opportunities to spend time as a team outside of work hours - activities such as movies, dinners, group yoga, bowling and more! Completely optional but 100% fun!
- We think we’re pretty good gift givers, so expect some gold standard birthday presents!
- Opportunities to explore personal & career development through provided resources.
- Exclusive access to upcoming new season products.
- Join a socially responsible and community focused business - we give back to the following charities through our partnerships with i=change: Women’s Community Shelters, Hagar Australia, UN Women, Australian Childhood Foundation, The Hunger Project Australia and Greening Australia. We also regularly contribute to local charities and initiatives.
- Work in a beautiful and inspiring environment. We’re pretty proud of the spaces we have created here!
- Join a bustling and vibrant community, with a huge focus on supporting our local small businesses. Situated only 1.5 hrs from Melbourne CBD, Warragul ticks all the boxes! We are spoilt for choice with the amount of cosy cafes, professional hair & beauty services, and wellness practitioners within walking distance from the boutique. Located within the Gippsland region, Warragul is a great base to explore the surrounding areas which all offer their own unique experiences. Think wineries, day spas, bush walks and farmer’s markets. It’s all there waiting for you to discover! Warragul is growing and developing by the day, so if you’re thinking it’s time to embrace a change and create your own dream lifestyle - now is the time!
If you think we’re a match made in heaven:
Full job description below.
Please send your resume and a cover letter outlining what you love about Dear Blackbird Boutique, why you think you’re the Cinderella to our slipper and something unique you could bring to the team to email@example.com
Please note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered
Job Title: 2IC
Job Type: Full Time
Location: 16B Napier St, Warragul
Reports to: Manager
The role of the 2IC is based in Dear Blackbird Boutique supporting the Manager in daily operations of the store, assisting with management of casual staff and developing strategies to improve efficiently in the workplace.
Maintaining high standards of customer experience, stock presentation, product knowledge and digital presence to ensure daily, weekly and monthly sales targets are met.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide an exceptional customer experience both in person and digitally, ensuring consistency of this across the team.
- Manage daily operations.
- Manage casual staff - daily tasking, training and development.
- Social media management, content creation and engagement.
- Assisting the store manager with developing a marketing schedule across key calendar dates.
- Assisting with the stock buying process
- Stock management, processing and merchandising.
- Store maintenance - ensuring stores are clean and presentable at all times and stock is cared for correctly.
- Identify current and future customer needs by establishing customer rapport.
- This role requires clear communication (written and verbal) building strong relationships with both customers and suppliers
- Exceptional organisational skills
- An ‘above and beyond’ attitude towards the business and customers
- Confidence meeting deadlines within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests and business expectations
- Be a futuristic thinker - always looking for ways to improve and deliver a better experience for our customers and our team.
- Be a highly motivated, self starter with strong initiative
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
- Live the company values
- High level proficiency in computer applications
- Ability to work autonomously
Skills and Experience:
- Retail Management experience
- Social Media knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised, outstanding attention to detail and time management skills
- A think outside the box attitude and problem solving skills
- Experience in creating graphics and website knowledge is considered a bonus
- Meet daily/weekly/monthly sales targets and KPIs
- Completion of daily operational schedule and weekly tasks
- Regular positive customer feedback
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures at all times
- Adherence to company purpose and values at all times
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we've received in the past, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Do you love keeping up with the current fashion and social media trends? Love photography and curating the perfect outfit? Feel completely comfortable in front of the camera? Could spend hours finding inspo on Pinterest and creating content for your insta feed?
Then we'd love to hear from you! Get in touch now to find out more info about becoming one of our DBB Brand Ambassadors!